Go to About PNClassroom
Terms and Conditions
2. PoliticsNow Classroom users shall use the service for lawful purposes only. By using the service, you represent that you have read the following PoliticsNow Classroom Rules of Conduct and agree that you will not post on the service any:
Material, statements or postings that violate the above terms will be deleted from the service. Users who violate the above terms or the PoliticsNow Classroom Rules of Conduct may receive a warning from a PoliticsNow Classroom service representative. PoliticsNow Classroom, at its sole discretion, may terminate a subcriber's account.
3. PoliticsNow Classroom will provide free subscriptions to faculty users of the service. Student buyers of new Houghton Mifflin textbooks supplemented by the service will receive a six-month subscription at a net price of $15 in addition to the textbook price. Others may purchase a six-month subscription for $25. In both cases, the six-month subscription period begins with initial online registration.
4. Persons of all ages may use this Service, however, you will be responsible for all charges incurred, if any, including payment for any goods or services, and all statements or materials, including liability for harm caused by such statements or materials, while your account is being used.
5. PoliticsNow Classroom grants to the subscriber a personal, non-exclusive, non-assignable and nontransferable license to use the service. Subscriber acknowledges that subscriber may not sublicense, transfer, sell or assign this license. If subscriber has reason to believe that subscriber's account is no longer secure (for example, in the event of a loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure of use of subscriber's ID and/or password) subscriber must promptly change subscriber's password and notify PoliticsNow Classroom.
6. This Service (including, but not limited to text, content, photographs, graphics, video and audio) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under U.S. copyright and other laws. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in this Service.
7. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of this Service, except that you may download material from this Service for your own personal, non-commercial use as follows: you may make (i) one machine-readable copy, (ii) one backup copy, and (iii) one print copy of any material downloaded from this Service. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not distribute any part of this Service over any network, including a local area network, nor sell or offer it for sale.
8. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless PoliticsNow Classroom, Capital Cities/ABC Multimedia Inc., Digital Ink Co., National Journal Inc., Times Mirror Co., and Houghton Mifflin Co., its directors, officers, shareholders, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damage and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement or the PoliticsNow Classroom Service Rules of Conduct, or the failure to fulfill any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. The above-named reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any third party claim for which the above-named are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide the above-named with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by the above-named.
9. This Service is available "as is." We do not warrant that this Service will be uninterrupted or error-free. There may be delays, omissions, interruptions and inaccuracies in the news, information or other materials available through this Service. We are not responsible for the availability or content of other services that may be linked to this Service. We do not make any warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to this Service or any information or goods that are available or advertised or sold through this Service. We do not make any representations, nor do we endorse the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other material or database displayed, uploaded or distributed in this Service or available through links in this Service. We reserve the right to correct any errors or omissions in this Service. Although we intend to take reasonable steps to prevent the introduction of viruses, worms, "Trojan horses" or other destructive materials to this Service, we do not guarantee or warrant that this Service or materials that may be downloaded from this Service do not contain such destructive features. We are not liable for any damages or harm attributable to such features. If you rely on this Service and any materials available through this Service, you do so solely at your own risk.
10. PoliticsNow Classroom, Capital Cities/ABC Multimedia Inc., Digital Ink Co., National Journal Inc, Times Mirror Co., and Houghton Mifflin Co., its officers, directors, shareholders, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, or licensors are not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including lost revenues or profits, loss of business or loss of data, in any way related to this Service or for any claim, loss or injury based on errors, omissions, interruptions or other inaccuracies in this Service (including without limitation as a result of breach of any warranty or other term of this Agreement). Any claim against the above-named shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of this Service.
11. This Agreement may be terminated by either party for any reason at any time. Sections 8 and 10 of this Agreement shall survive such termination. You may cancel your membership by sending us an e-mail or notice via regular mail to PoliticsNow Classroom, 1560 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 700, Arlington, VA 22209.
12. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Virginia.